Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Food Manufacturers stink sometimes
I know everytime I go to the grocery store the boxes are getting smaller and the prices are getting higher, but today just chapped my hide. I went in today for a few things for our Young Women's activity tonight and thought ooh better get some spaghetti sauce since it is on sale. Brought the jar home went to put it away and noticed my other jar looked bigger. Sure enough my last bottle is wider at 26 oz. (1 lb, 10 oz). And the new bottle is a skinnier bottle but a teensy bit taller with 24 oz. (1 lb, 8 oz). Can you believe it?? Of course we can! It was the Classico brand if anyone is interested. I have in the past made homemade spaghetti sauce but have gotten a little lazy, so I guess this means I need to go back to homemade on lots of things. I wish we didn't need food to survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yep, it totally stinks! We are all having to try a little more homemade. I have been impressed though that Smiths out here has run some really awesome deals which allows me to stock up at a fair price. Go Food Storage!
Janet it's been a while since you've blogged, I hope you're doing well and have had a wonderful Christmas season!
Post a Comment