Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tears & Hugs

So I work at this great pre-school two days a week. Have 14 kids and all great personalities.
But you know there are those days when the kiddos are just out of sorts.
So, yesterday I had this little boy come in at 9am crying as he was walking in the door. Apparentally he had hurt his finger earlier that morning. My point is that you try everything to talk to them to get there mind off what is wrong, you offer to get a differen't toy, you say hey, do you want to paint?, etc.... But when I knelt down to him and asked him to come to me, he just threw his arms out and wanted me to pick him up, crying hysterically of course.
Even though my ears were beginning to hurt from him crying and hoping he was not going to upset the other kids. I miss my little girls running up to me when they were 3 years olds and wanting comfort in any way they could. What sweet memories we have as our children are growing up way to fast.

1 comment:

Piano Mom said...

Isn't it wonderful to have some little person trust & love you enough to believe that you can make everything all better?