Friday, September 12, 2008

AAHHH the family

This is a week late, but who cares. Last Saturday my husband and kids were outside painting the shed so it was ready for the winter rain when it comes, because we all know it is coming. The weather has been so wonderful all last week and this week and supposed to be next week. YEAH!
I first want to say that our kids were so excited to paint, who wouldn't want to get messy and have a good reason for it. If we do paint with out the kids they are really bummed. I have to tell you that even though we have girls that has not stopped Wayne into teaching them good manual labor. For those that have known us for a while know that for years we have teamed taking our kids to the Home Depot early Saturday morning workshops. They have loved them. They have made tool boxs, bird houses, airplanes and on and on. Candy and Nellie even have their own tool box filled with all the goodies. Every year for Christmas Wayne makes sure they have a new tool, this last Christmas it was socket wrenches, last year it was cordless screwdrivers(have come in very handy). The girls love it.

Okay so onto why I brought this all up in the first place...... So as my husband and girls were outside painting. I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready listening to Wayne's music blare outside and what should come on but John Lennon's "Imagine". You all know that song.
So as I am looking outside to the beautiful green sunny backyard I see my wonderful family climbing on ladders to the shed with brushes in hand painting away. To them it was fun. To me it was wonderful and how life should be. Yes, I should have been out there too savorying in the moment, but someone has to get dinner on! And besides when does dad get the kids all to himself and me alone time! Wayne is a wonderful husband and father and I appreciate all that he does for us. We have two wonderful girls that bring us so much happiness.

1 comment:

Piano Mom said...

Don't you love those happy, "I'm so blessed" moments? I wish I could find a way to make them last or hold on to them...